Job Title: Product Assurance Engineer
Job Location: Southfield, MI
What we offer:
Veoneer develops cutting-edge technology for the Future Car. Our international, agile and highly collaborative teams aim to accelerate the growth in Autonomous Driving and be the leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
With 7500 employees in 13 countries, our growing team has the goal to lead the revolution underway in the automotive industry…and then be the pioneer for what comes next.
What you'll do:
This position will manage the Product Assurance Engineering activities for assigned components within Product Engineering. Product Assurance Engineer for RC&S ensure that a product is tested to meet customer and internal functional requirements through comprehensive analysis, developmental, Design Validation (DV) and Process Validation (PV) testing.
- Understand OEM specification and requirements for product validation
- Design and develop product validation plans (EMC, Environmental and others as required)
- Review the validation plan with internal (Product Engineering) and external customer(OEM), get approvals
- Develop product test specification for the ECU manufacturing plants
- Develop requirement for test equipment, get quotes and source supplier for test equipment
- Receive test equipment, validate and perform necessary GR&R before DV/PV
- Schedule internal and external lab for planned DV/PVs
- Track and report progress throughout the DV
- Debug, analyze and report failures that occur during the DV
- Support product engineering for any root cause analysis (8D, Fish Bone etc.)
- Archive test data, report and parts as mandated by internal and external requirements
- Release final DVP&R or PVP&R for customer approval
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in EE, ME or equivalent desirable.
- 5 years’ work experience in Automotive electronics validation such as Hardware and system level validation.
- In depth understanding of validation methodology for Automotive. Application of those to develop new methods for new technology entering Automotive.
- Basic understanding of the RC&S ECU architecture, validation requirements and domain specific tools.
- Experience with communication protocols and tools such as CANalyzer, CANoe, PCIe, Ethernet, others
- Awareness of IPC standards and PCB manufacturing
- Awareness of ISO/IEC 17025:2005
- Awareness of IATF 16949
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills with a solid understanding of core product validation principles, and analytical techniques
- Strong communication skills required, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms.
- Good team player.