Job Title: Machinist/Mechanical Lab Technician
Job Location: Southfield, MI
What we offer:
Veoneer develops cutting-edge technology for the Future Car. Our international, agile and highly collaborative teams aim to accelerate the growth in Autonomous Driving and be the leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
With 7500 employees in 13 countries, our growing team has the goal to lead the revolution underway in the automotive industry…and then be the pioneer for what comes next.
What you'll do:
Will be responsible for ensuring the Test Lab work is performed in an acceptable manner within requirements of established procedures. Working in the machine shop. Interface with MCAD engineers to perform required work. Prototype assembly of small components.
- Familiar with Bridgeport, lathe, welding, (mig and tig), drill press, and other machine shop equipment.
- Small prototype assembly according to supplied specs.
- Works with Engineering on any testing, dimensional inspection, and studies that may be required.
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are adhered to including IATF 16949, ISO14001 (EMS), and Employee Handbook.
- Manage multiple projects and deliverables while treating team members with dignity and respect.
- Perform all work in a safe and healthful manner as outline in MIOSHA regulations and MPTSH safety and policies including use of PPE and proper use of Lockout/Tagout procedures. Reports unsafe conditions to Manager/Supervisor within the department.
- Support and participate in division and department improvement initiatives through Continuous Improvement Suggestion Program, and sharing of knowledge, ideas, and/or best practices with co-workers.
- Actively participate and comply with all division and department policies, procedures and work instructions as they relate to position / department.
- Complies with the designated ISO / 14001 responsibilities related to effective environmental management in accordance with MPT’s Environmental Management System (EMS).
What you'll bring:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient at reading part drawings
- Must have strong knowledge of GD&T
- Must be able to use advanced measuring equipment
- Proficiency with Microsoft desktop environment: Window, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Willing to learn CMM operation and software