Job Title: Active Safety Project Manager
Job Location: Southfield, MI
What we offer:
Veoneer develops cutting-edge technology for the Future Car. Our international, agile and highly collaborative teams aim to accelerate the growth in Autonomous Driving and be the leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
With 7500 employees in 13 countries, our growing team has the goal to lead the revolution underway in the automotive industry…and then be the pioneer for what comes next.
What you'll do:
Veoneer Active Safety Systems support customer vehicles automation features ranging from SAE Level 2 to Level 4. Veoneer products to support these features include Cameras, Radars, LiDARs, Thermal Imaging Systems, Mapping Systems, Driver Monitoring Systems and other ADAS ECUs.
- Primary customer interface for all aspects of the project development
- Project Manager acts as the Project Team Lead from quote to launch:
- Commercial: Maintain or improve profitability from sourcing
- Timing : Lead Cross Functional Team in support of project milestones (Internal & Customer)
- Risk Mitigation & Issues Management
- Monitor risks and issues (Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, Financial) on assigned project
- Mitigate risks, resolve issues with support from the Cross Functional Team
- Escalate and focus management attention as needed
- Manage the project team and deliverables according to Veoneer Product Development System (APQP-based)
- Schedule and coordinate Cross Functional Team meetings
- Ensure Veoneer standards are respected in the development process
- Own & update list of open points for internal and customer meetings & facilitate completion of tasks
- Facilitate with Veoneer plant Quality team the project APQP plan
- Global travel may be required to Veoneer manufacturing facilities and customer sites.
What you'll bring:
- Must have minimum Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor’s Science Engineering degree preferred
- Must have minimum 5 years industry experience
- Project Management experience (MS Project skills would be an asset
- Strong understanding of product development proces
- Manufacturing & quality experience in automotive industry
- Electronics experience preferred