Job Title: Project Manager
Job Location: Southfield, MI
What we offer:
Veoneer develops cutting-edge technology for the Future Car. Our international, agile and highly collaborative teams aim to accelerate the growth in Autonomous Driving and be the leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
With 7500 employees in 13 countries, our growing team has the goal to lead the revolution underway in the automotive industry…and then be the pioneer for what comes next.
What you'll do:
This is a Platform Project Manager position. This position will coordinate all activities related to the platform development and ensure the timely completion of these activities which support the ""on-time and at target cost"" delivery of the RCS work product to the project(s) with the expected quality level. This position will also lead/support technical discussions with the customer as needed.
- Track and resolve program issues (technical, manufacturing, and quality).
- Keep and update timing schedule of activities for the RCS Cross Functional Agile teams.
- Coordinate the development tasks for the cross-functional teams.
- Ensure the global standards and policies are followed by the cross-functional Agile teams through all development steps. Conduct the project according to VPDS VS108 v2
- Track all engineering changes and their impact on cost and timing.
- Track all engineering, product, and tools costs.
- Support Customer meetings related to the project for technical, timing, and deliverable issues during the development.
- Support the Design for Manufacturing (DFM) efforts throughout the product development cycle
- Ensure on time prototype deliveries according to product development release timing
- Assure company interest and bottom line are maintained in all activities.
- Support global quote activities.
- Bring customer needs and wants to the organization.
- Monitor all cross functional teams timing charts and key milestone dates to ensure they are on track to the product development timing.
- Support the preparation of material required by the Product Owners to gain executive management approval at each phase of the development process.
- Assume project reporting to the RCS product owners.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in applicable engineering field
- 6-8 years prior work experience in automotive electronics industry (OEM or supplier organization)
- Passive Restraint Control System experience preferred but not required
- Project Management experience, ability to read/interpret electrical schematics, ability to read/interpret electrical and/or mechanical specifications, DVP&R, FMEA, electrical/mechanical system level design and troubleshooting, oral and written communication, highly organized.
- Leadership experience or advanced degree in business discipline desirable