Job Title: Embedded Software Architect
Job Location: Southfield, MI
What we offer:
Veoneer develops cutting-edge technology for the Future Car. Our international, agile and highly collaborative teams aim to accelerate the growth in Autonomous Driving and be the leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
With 7500 employees in 13 countries, our growing team has the goal to lead the revolution underway in the automotive industry…and then be the pioneer for what comes next.
What you'll do:
The Embedded Software Architect is responsible for embedded software architecture, design and development for ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) ECU software projects. This Engineer possesses excellent software skills, a strong sense of software development process, project leadership and character. This engineer has advanced functional knowledge of modern electronic control circuits and a thorough knowledge of multicore microcontrollers. This engineer possesses strong programming skills in the C language, Real Time Operating Systems, software design methodologies and good understanding of assembly languages.
- Develop software architecture for multicore microcontroller and SoC based ADAS ECU products
- Champion the quality, design, development and release of assigned software project elements in accordance with Veoneer’s software development process
- Evaluate change requests, analyze issues, perform basic functions of software design, code and test on assigned new features, change requests and defect fixes
- Open mind to adapt to changing software release schedules and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Provide regular updates of assigned task progression to software lead for project planning, tracking and oversight
- Identify or propose product process or infrastructure improvements
- Contribute current status, relevant data and constructive opinion at team/section meetings; Exemplify consensus building and team-focused behavior
- Interface with product development teams located in various geographical locations
- Excellent people skills, ability to work well within an interdisciplinary team
- Tools: DOORS Requirements Management, Enterprise Architect, and Infineon Aurix Microcontroller tools (Compiler, Emulator, Simulator), QAC, Tasking Compiler, iSYSTEM WinIdea, and MKS Source Integrity, Autosar Builder, Davinci Configurator
What you'll bring:
- Bachelors in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field. Masters preferred.
- Five or more years’ work experience in Embedded or real-time software development
- C and assembly programming for 16/32/64 bit micro-controllers
- Experience with device driver development (Flash, EEPROM, CAN, SPI, ADC, etc.)
- Electronic test equipment (oscilloscope, function generator, power supply, etc.)
- Embedded software tools, debuggers, cross compilers, etc.
- Experience in developing embedded software for Ford Network Operating System
- Experience in industry standards like UDS Diagnostics, ISO26262, AUTOSAR
- Familiarity with Autosar and Vector Tools (Davinci Configurator, CANalyzer, CANoe, CANdela, …)
- Good oral and written communication skills