Job Title: Systems Engineering Architect
Job Location: Southfield, MI
What we offer:
Veoneer develops cutting-edge technology for the Future Car. Our international, agile and highly collaborative teams aim to accelerate the growth in Autonomous Driving and be the leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
With 7500 employees in 13 countries, our growing team has the goal to lead the revolution underway in the automotive industry…and then be the pioneer for what comes next.
What you'll do:
Your main responsibility will be to perform Systems Engineering standardization activities for automotive products being developed at Veoneer. You will be part of Global Standardization team and act as System Engineering Architect, in collaboration with business pursuit teams, prototype, platform and end-item product development, and will perform tasks including:
- Analysis and comprehension of external and internal customer requirements
- Lead the development of system requirements and system architecture
- Support of system and product definition in compliance to Veoneer’s development process and methods
- Moderation and reviews of Customer and System Requirements and System Architecture
- Develop & support reusable requirement analysis assets in the field of OEM Generic requirements, Technical Regulations & Standards, Cybersecurity, Manufacturing, Supplier safety manuals
- Support of new customer specific projects during the request for quotation phase
- Evaluate reuse asset needs, opportunities for synergy, convince all stakeholders, quantify benefit, etc.
- Implement and support cost evaluation, pricing and volume strategies, increase acceptance of reuse system engineering assets in business pursuit projects.
- Supporting the Engineering Tools Governance in reviewing use cases and in the system tool evaluation and qualification
- Work with system safety to develop safety concepts in order to achieve required functional safety
What you'll bring:
- BS Degree+ in engineering, preferably in Electrical Engineering, or relevant experience in such a position
- 7+ years of experience in a technical environment and/or technical product design
- Good knowledge in System Engineering, Electronics and ideally in Advanced Driver Assistance systems
- Good knowledge of UML/SysML ideally Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Good understanding of System engineering design, simulation, manufacturing, requirement analysis, DFMEA, PFMEA
- Experience in Requirements Management, Requirements Engineering and in particular the written specification of Requirements
- Basic knowledge in Hardware and Software
- Team player who likes to work in project groups
- Pro-active approach
- Good communication skills