Job Title: Functional Safety Engineer
Job Location: Southfield, MI
What we offer:
Veoneer develops cutting-edge technology for the Future Car. Our international, agile and highly collaborative teams aim to accelerate the growth in Autonomous Driving and be the leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
With 7500 employees in 13 countries, our growing team has the goal to lead the revolution underway in the automotive industry…and then be the pioneer for what comes next.
What you'll do:
Experienced safety analyst to conduct standard safety analyses and to provide feedback and guidance to the engineering design teams for systems, hardware, and software on safety findings and recommended design changes to improve automotive embedded safety systems.
- Preliminary Hazard Analysis
- FTA to the methods of NUREG-0492 and/or IEC 61025
- FMEA/FMECA to SAE J1739, VDA 4, and/or Mil-std-1629
- Safety requirements analysis at the system, hardware, and software level
- Dependent Failure /Common cause analysis
- Operating and Support Hazard Analysis
- Maintenance Safety Analysis
- Failure metrics analysis in accordance with ISO DIS-26262 and/or Safe Failure Fraction in accordance with IEC-61508.
- FTA and FMEA using computer aided analysis tools (E.g. ITEM Toolkit, Relex, Isograph, etc.)
- Reliability Predictions in accordance with IEC 62380, Mil-Hdbk-217 or Telcordia.
- Human Factors Analysis IAW Mil-Hdbk-1472 or equivalent.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Control Engineering, Physics or related if combined with development engineering experience in embedded control systems
- Preferred candidate possesses a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a safety analyst in an automotive environment. Other technical environments, including avionics and military (Mil-Std-882) will be considered.
- Prefer previous experience with Embedded Electronic Controls systems (E.g., Brake, Airbag, Steering)
- Prefer experience in applying safety according to ISO DIS 26262 standards, or secondly IEC 61508 standard.
- Prefer good understanding of embedded Software engineering and Hardware engineering domains