Radar Algorithm Development Engineer
Job Location: Lowell, MA USA
Start date: (optional)
What we offer:
Veoneer US, LLC is an automotive technology company, a world leader in active safety and restraint control systems, focused on delivering innovative, best-in-class products and solutions to our customers. Our purpose is to create trust in mobility. Veoneer is a Tier-1 hardware supplier and system integrator with products being part of more than 125 scheduled vehicle launches for 2022. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Veoneer has 6,100 employees in 11 countries. The Company is building on a heritage of close to 70 years of automotive safety development.
What you'll do:
The Veoneer Lowell Technology Center is seeking an experienced Radar Algorithm Development Engineer who will work with the next generation of automotive electronic safety equipment to develop and improve our algorithms for advanced automotive radar safety and driver assistance applications. Must thrive in a highly dynamic work atmosphere where satisfying multiple customers simultaneously is the norm. Looking for a proven track record of developing algorithms, a strong sense of the development process, and ability to self-motivate. The candidate will be responsible for the design, development, and testing of radar software solutions – focused on algorithms that enhance and protect vehicle drivers and passengers.
- Develop, implement, and test Machine Learning (ML) algorithms for automotive radar sensors
- Support data collection (definition, planning, execution) and data maintenance (storage, validation, reusability)
- Extract, visualize and optimize radar-based features for ML
- Maintain and improve the framework for a complete ML toolchain
- Analyze and validate concepts based on simulations and real data
- Implement algorithms on radar sensors or Central Computing Units
- Support raw data analysis and validation using tools and test drives in modern test vehicles
- Responsibility, support, and optimization of whole functions in an agile environment
- Be able to articulate expressing complicated technical concepts and project information to cross functional global team members and management.
- Be able to work in a fast pace high tech environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you'll bring:
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, or related Engineering field
- Hands-on experience in the field of ML / AI
- Good knowledge and understanding of state-of-the-art ML concepts
- Knowledge in the field of (radar) signal processing and/or object tracking is a plus
- 3+ years of related software experience
- Strong programming skills in MATLAB, C or C++
- Thorough, diligent, and independent way of working
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as team player skills with an proactive approach
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment. Ability to communicate effectively with employees and outside contacts.