Job Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Job Location: Southfield, MI
What we offer:
Veoneer develops cutting-edge technology for the Future Car. Our international, agile and highly collaborative teams aim to accelerate the growth in Autonomous Driving and be the leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
With 7500 employees in 13 countries, our growing team has the goal to lead the revolution underway in the automotive industry…and then be the pioneer for what comes next.
What you'll do:
Our client, a global leader in vehicle safety technology, is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to work on next-generation products. In this position, you will work on the software development process which includes design, implementation, and testing of modular embedded software for 16/32/64 bit multicore microcontroller-based ECU products. This is a direct-hire position that offers stability, technical challenge, and an opportunity to grow your skills for many years into the future.
- Design, implement and test modular embedded software for 16/32/64 bit microcontroller based automotive ECU products
- Champion the quality, design, development and release of assigned software project elements in accordance of a process
- Evaluate change requests, analyze issues, perform basic functions of software design, code and test on assigned new features, change requests and defect fixes
- Establish and adhere to estimates in project work plan for assigned projects. Open mind to adopt to changing software release schedules and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Provide regular updates of assigned task progression to software lead for project planning, tracking and oversight
- Identify or propose product process or infrastructure improvements
- Contribute current status, relevant data and constructive opinion at team/section meetings; Exemplify consensus building and team-focused behavior
- Interface with product development teams located in various geographical locations
- Excellent people skills, ability to work well within an interdisciplinary team
- Tools: Enterprise Architect, Infineon Aurix Microcontroller tools (Compiler, Emulator, Simulator), LDRA Static Analysis, Tasking Compiler, iSYSTEM WinIdea, and PTC Source Integrity, AUTOSAR Builder, Davinci Configurator, codeBeamer (Requirements and Life Cycle Management)
What you'll bring:
- BS in Computer or Electrical Engineering, or related, Master's Degree preferred
- 4+ years of experience in Embedded or real-time software development
- C and assembly programming for 16/32/64 bit micro-controllers
- Experience with device driver development (Flash, EEPROM, CAN, SPI, ADC, etc.)
- Electronic test equipment (oscilloscope, function generator, power supply, etc.)
- Embedded software tools, debuggers, cross compilers, etc.
- Experience with passive safety or Infineon Aurix microcontroller is a plus