Job Title: Software Validation Engineer
Job Location: Southfield, MI
What we offer:
Veoneer develops cutting-edge technology for the Future Car. Our international, agile and highly collaborative teams aim to accelerate the growth in Autonomous Driving and be the leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
With 7500 employees in 13 countries, our growing team has the goal to lead the revolution underway in the automotive industry…and then be the pioneer for what comes next.
What you'll do:
The Software Validation Engineer is responsible for the software validation of electronic products. Creates, documents, and executes test plans related to software validation of electronic module software.
- Develop comprehensive, customer specific, software validation test plans to meet all external and internal customer requirements.
- Determine and assemble test specific setup requirements to perform the validation.
- Coordinate the build of software validation test equipment if necessary.
- Work closely with the software and hardware engineering project teams to understand requirements and to aid in issue resolution.
- Conduct the validation testing per the validation test procedure.
- Create summary reports for all tests conducted.
- Log potential software defects into defect tracking database.
- Review data with team members and create a sign-off summary sheet after test completion.
- Participate in peer reviews, process audits and comply with CMM level process requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues found during validation by organizing a cross functional team (hardware, software, algorithm) for analysis.
What you'll bring:
- BS/MS in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- Three plus years of direct experience desired.
- Automotive experience preferred.
- Knowledge of electronic products with safety experience desirable.
- Ability to create new unique tools to improve the validation effort a plus.
- Knowledge of embedded micro-controller products.
- Skilled in the use of communication protocols and tools such as serial, ISO, CAN, etc.
- Knowledge of arbitrary waveform generators, signal generators, and oscilloscopes a plus.
- Skilled in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project.
- Knowledge of development and usage of test equipment.
- Candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills to work in a team environment.
- Candidate must have strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong writing skills to create well-written procedures and test reports.