Job Title: Software Tools Engineer
Job Location: Southfield, MI
What we offer:
Veoneer develops cutting-edge technology for the Future Car. Our international, agile and highly collaborative teams aim to accelerate the growth in Autonomous Driving and be the leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
With 7500 employees in 13 countries, our growing team has the goal to lead the revolution underway in the automotive industry…and then be the pioneer for what comes next.
What you'll do:
Perform custom application design and development for Hardware in the loop Tester specifically designed in house for testing various Electronic Control Units (RC&S, Radar, ADAS, DMS, NV4 etc.) Design and development responsibilities include complete software development lifecycle work including writing all documentation, requirements capture, coding and performing system validation testing for each custom tool produced.
- Understand and convert test application level requirement to FPGA using VHDL.
- Develop and maintain Custom Firmware – using C, Verilog, VHDL or LabVIEW FPGA, RT experience necessary
- Develop and maintain custom Windows platform applications - GUI development using LabVIEW and C# .NET experience necessary
- Capture, analyze and review requirements.
- Write design specifications for custom applications.
- Perform basic functions of Software Design, Code and test on assigned new features, change requests and defect fixes.
- Establish and adhere to estimates in project work for assigned tasks.
- Interface with Global Tools group to provide system requirements, standardization, and deployment of all custom tools.
- Contribute status, relevant data and constructive opinion at section meetings; exemplify consensus building and team-focused behavior.
- Champion the quality, design, development and release of assigned software project elements using software process.
- Interface with custom tools customers/users.
- Provide system support and technical assistance for all custom tools.
What you'll bring:
- 4 years Bachelor’s Degree in EE, Computer Science or equivalent desirable.
- Microsoft Certification, NI Certification desirable.
- Five years work experience in Tools development that involves windows application and Firmware.
- Good oral and written communication
- Excellent people skills