Job Title: Lead Software Engineer - ADAS
Job Location: Southfield, MI
What we offer:
Veoneer develops cutting-edge technology for the Future Car. Our international, agile and highly collaborative teams aim to accelerate the growth in Autonomous Driving and be the leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
With 7500 employees in 13 countries, our growing team has the goal to lead the revolution underway in the automotive industry…and then be the pioneer for what comes next.
What you'll do:
The lead software engineer is responsible for embedded software development for safety critical applications. Additional responsibilities may also include Embedded Software Integration Test Development and Execution for Safety Critical Applications.
- Analyze and review requirements.
- Develop modular software for embedded 8/16/32 bit microprocessors/controllers.
- AUTOSAR-based software component development
- Software component configuration
- Software application integration, make/build tools
- Track Software Development with Agile-based workflow
- Write unit, development and integration test plans and conduct tests with specified methods and processes.
- Interface with product development teams.
- Specific knowledge of automotive protocols (UDS, CAN, GM LAN, FNOS)
- Champion the quality, design, development, and release of an assigned software project elements in accordance with a process.
- Establish and adhere to estimates in project work plan for assigned tasks.
- Provide regular updates of assigned tasks progression to software lead for project planning, tracking and oversight.
- Develop Software Integration Plan with specified methods and processes
- Integrate and Build Software Components for Realtime embedded system.
- Maintain the Integration Branch and Merge the software component in a GIT environment.
- Analyze Software Architecture Design in EA
- Develop Test Scripts using J-Scripts, perl & python
- Identify or propose product process or infrastructure improvements
- Contribute current status, relevant data and constructive opinion at team/section meetings; Exemplify consensus building and team-focused behavior
- Tools (a plus): DOORS Requirements Management, Logical Analyzer, Infineon Microcontroller tools (Compiler, Emulator, Simulator, QAC), Enterprise Architect, Greenhills/IAR, Vector Davinci configurator/EB Tresos, Eclipse, Tasking/GNU Compiler, iSYSTEM, WinIdea, Vector Canalyzer and PTC Source Integrity.
What you'll bring:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 6+ Years work experience in Embedded Software Development with good understanding of V-Cycle.
- Hands on Experience on Embedded Software Testing – Black Box and White Box Level
- Working Experience on Test Automation
- Knowledge of Linux Internals and BSP.
- Programming Languages: C, Java Script, Python, Perl and VB macro
- Knowledge of Autosar Architecture.
- Knowledge of electronic test equipment (oscilloscope, function generator, power supply, etc.).
- Working Experience on Automotive and control applications – CAN, SPI, Ethernet.
- Knowledge on Automotive Diagnostics Standards: ISO14229.
- Knowledge on Automotive SPICE Standard
- Experience on Automotive Testing Tools –Vector Canalyzer, Logical Analyzer, etc.
- Embedded C and assembly programming for 8/16/32 bit micro-controllers.
- Decision tables, state diagrams and structured programming.
- Configuration management and version control
- Good oral and written communication
- Excellent people skills