Job Title: Technical Project Manager
Job Location: Goleta, CA
What we offer:
Veoneer develops cutting-edge technology for the Future Car. Our international, agile and highly collaborative teams aim to accelerate the growth in Autonomous Driving and be the leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
With 7500 employees in 13 countries, our growing team has the goal to lead the revolution underway in the automotive industry…and then be the pioneer for what comes next.
What you'll do:
This position will coordinate all activities related to the project(s) and ensure the timely completions of these activities which support the "on-time and at target cost" delivery of the project(s) to the customer with the expected quality level. This position will represent Veoneer for technical contacts with the customer.
- Develop, communicate and document product development strategy for the cross-functional team.
- Maintain timing schedule of project activities, ensure successful product launches.
- Ensure consistency in reporting to management and communication to project team (e.g. Weekly meetings)
- Coordinate development tasks and define priorities for the cross-functional team ensuring Veoneer standards and policies are followed.
- Track engineering deliverables, e.g., DFMEA's, DVP&R's, drawings, specifications and validation requirements.
- Resolve program issues (technical, sales, manufacturing, quality).
- Ensure prototype deliveries are accurate and on time according to customer needs.
- Plan and execute on component procurement while assessing lead time with respect to project schedule
- Support OEM Customer meetings related to project technical, timing and deliverables status.
- Build relationships with customer & suppliers to uncover timing risk and plan preventive steps
- Drive customer needs and wants into the organization.
- Support high volume industrialization efforts
- Facilitate design reviews with cross functional team and drive team for execution of actions
- Consolidate team & project inputs for communication to Toll Gate Review Board
- Support global quote activities for new business.
- Determine impact of engineering changes and tooling on cost, project risk and timing.
- Inform management of project risks in real time with proposed containment actions.
- Secure the storage of project information as needed. Ensure existing databases are used by the cross-functional team members.
What you'll bring:
- 4 year BS in Engineering or equivalent.
- 6-8 years Project Management experience, plus technical ability to read/interpret electrical, software and mechanical specifications, DVP&R, FMEA, along with product development and troubleshooting experience.
- Prior work experience in automotive electronics or equivalent industry.
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal communication skills, highly organized.
- Leadership experience or advanced degree in business discipline desirable.
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management systems and techniques preferred
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Operate office equipment.
Communicate effectively with employees and outside contacts.