Job Title: Resident Engineer
Job Location: Southfield, MI
What we offer:
Veoneer develops cutting-edge technology for the Future Car. Our international, agile and highly collaborative teams aim to accelerate the growth in Autonomous Driving and be the leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
With 7500 employees in 13 countries, our growing team has the goal to lead the revolution underway in the automotive industry…and then be the pioneer for what comes next.
Searching for a driven individual to join Veoneer’s radar customer-engineering team to support our growing radar business. A successful resident engineer will be customer- and objective-oriented while remaining flexible in daily duties. Complex, systematic problem solving are crucial, but in a single day, could morph from vehicle troubleshooting to ensuring traceability on ECR documentation to achieve a customer release.
What you'll do:
- Primary customer interface for specific vehicle platforms related to the implementation and launching of radar modules
- Comprehend and effectively communicate customer requirements, needs, and wishes
- Support customer and Veoneer deliverables including:
- Participation in customer meetings to ensure effective communication between NA, CN, and KR customer and Veoneer regional development sites to close open points
- Developing vehicle specific configuration files and managing their release through the Veoneer and GM systems
- Create and maintain numerous types of radar part numbers (model, software, calibration, manufacturing) within the GM system
- Support tracking and deliverables for Material Required Dates (MRDs) for customer prototype parts
- Support customer test bench and vehicle builds, data acquisition, analysis, and troubleshooting as required (on-site as required)
- Create and coordinate Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) within the GM system
- Ensure GM ECRs are effectively tracked against Veoneer counterparts as applicable
- Propose and implement continuous improvement activities within the radar team and Veoneer organization
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree required; Electrical Engineering degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years industry experience
- Ability to understand, decompose, and effectively communicate the functionality of complex systems
- Electronics experience preferred
- Customer focus: Understand customer needs and ensure deliverables meet customer expectations
- Teamwork: Engage and inspire others. Drive collaboration. Work across cultures.
- Build Trust: Honest, transparent, and reliable. Build customer relationships.
- High level of attention to detail