Job Title: Software Integration Engineer
Job Location: Southfield, MI
What we offer:
Veoneer develops cutting-edge technology for the Future Car. Our international, agile and highly collaborative teams aim to accelerate the growth in Autonomous Driving and be the leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
With 7500 employees in 13 countries, our growing team has the goal to lead the revolution underway in the automotive industry…and then be the pioneer for what comes next.
What you'll do:
The engineer is responsible for Embedded Software Integration Test Development and
Execution for Safety Critical Applications. This Engineer possesses excellent software
testing skills, a strong sense of Software Development Life Cycle Process activities and
V-Cycle. This Engineer has advanced functional knowledge of modern automotive
electronic control circuits (ASICs, Transceivers, Communication Protocols – CAN, SPI)
and a thorough knowledge of microprocessor/controllers. This engineer possesses
knowledge in the C language, Java Script and Python.
• Integrate and Build Software Components for realtime embedded system.
• Maintain the Integration Branch and Merge the software component in a GIT
• Analyze Software Architecture Design in Enterprise Architect.
• Develop Software Integration Test Specification with specified methods and processes
• Perform Test Execution for the Test Plan
• Develop Test Scripts using J-Scripts, perl & python.
• Establish and adhere to estimates in project work plan for assigned tasks
• Provide regular updates of assigned task progression to Software lead for project
planning, tracking and oversight
• Identify or propose product process or infrastructure improvements
• Contribute current status, relevant data and constructive opinion at team/section
meetings; Exemplify consensus building and team-focused behavior
• Tools (a plus): DOORS Requirements Management, Logical Analyzer, Infineon
Microcontroller tools (Compiler, Emulator, Simulator), Enterprise Architect, GIT, ETAS
ISOLAR, Eclipse, Tasking/GNU Compiler, iSYSTEM, WinIdea, Vector Canalyzer and PTC
What you'll bring:
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
• Five Years work experience in Embedded Software Development or Testing with good
understanding of V-Cycle.
• C programming Skills ·
• Hands on Experience on Embedded Software Testing – Black Box and White Box Level ·
• Working Experience on Test Automation
• Scripting Languages: Java Script or Python
• Electronic test equipment (oscilloscope, function generator, power supply, etc.)
• Embedded software tools – Compilers, Debuggers
• Working Experience on Automotive and control applications – CAN, SPI
• Knowledge on Automotive Diagnostics Standards: ISO14229
• Knowledge on Automotive SPICE Standard
• Experience on Automotive Testing Tools –Vector Canalyzer or Canoe, Logical Analyzer,