Job Title: Serial Maintenance Product Assurance Engineer
Job Location: Southfield, MI
What we offer:
Veoneer develops cutting-edge technology for the Future Car. Our international, agile and highly collaborative teams aim to accelerate the growth in Autonomous Driving and be the leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
With 7500 employees in 13 countries, our growing team has the goal to lead the revolution underway in the automotive industry…and then be the pioneer for what comes next.
What you'll do:
This position will manage the Product Assurance activities for assigned products within the UST RCS SM Team. They will ensure that these products meet customer and internal/external functional requirements through comprehensive analysis, Design Validation (DV) and Process Validation (PV) testing.
- Responsible for identifying, developing, planning, and implementing validation procedures and tests for Veoneer electronic (RCS) modules.
- Comprehend OEM specifications & Industry Standard test requirements, including environmental, robustness, EMC and other tests, as required.
- Review validation plans with internal and external customer (OEM), get required approvals. Lead team validation activities to meet key deadlines and priority goals. Analyze and report on test/product results and generate test reports to both internal and external teams, as needed.
- Schedule internal and external test labs for planned DV/PVs.
- Develop & release product test specification for Veoneer manufacturing plants.
- Collaborate with Veoneer cross functional teams to understand product functions and identify root cause of any failures, participate/lead in relevant 8D reviews, and implement corrective actions for identified issues. Summarize data and present to customers, as needed.
- Maintain required documentation, such as test specifications, test flows, timing plans, ADVP&R, and summary reports through all validation activities. Track and report validation progress throughout the DV/PV.
- Archive test data, report and parts as mandated by internal and external requirements.
- Work with Test Systems Team & outside suppliers to develop requirements and implement Product Performance Testers & Powered Load Units.
- Responsible for leading and implementing assigned Engineering Change Requests (ECR).
- Lead cross functional team to implement assigned product changes according to Veoneer standard process.
- Ensure update to associated product specifications, BOM content, part numbers, and required documents, based on ECR needs, with input from Engineering and Operations stakeholders.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of engineering experience, preferred. Experience executing automotive electronic module validation with products that have hardware and software components preferred.
- Hands-On experience troubleshooting UUTs & Product Testers using 8D/quality related analysis tools.
- Ability to multitask, ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Detail oriented, good organizational & time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Quality Standards such as AIAG, ISO/IEC, IATF, APQP preferred