Job Title: Planner
Job Location: Lowell, MA USA
Start date: (optional)
What we offer:
Veoneer develops cutting-edge technology for the Future Car. Our international, agile and highly collaborative teams aim to accelerate the growth in Autonomous Driving and be the leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
With 7500 employees in 13 countries, our growing team has the goal to lead the revolution underway in the automotive industry…and then be the pioneer for what comes next.
What you'll do:
As a Product Planner, you will be responsible for coordinating and ensuring continuity of supply for the Prototype Operation. Responsibilities will also include managing supplier deliveries and reporting. Within this role, you will be expected to drive the business forward, streamline the operation and engage in continuous improvement of these processes. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
- Ensuring accurate issuance of prototype part releases to suppliers
- Analyzing and following up to ensure timely delivery to support prototype lines
- Resolving supply issues through various carriers
- Interfacing with Operations, Product Team Leads and Warehouse to ensure processes are maintained and establish new ones
- Maintaining department inventory objectives
- Interfacing on material supply issues with Purchasing, Design and Engineering and Operations
- Controlling obsolescence by supporting engineering changes, balance-outs and resourcing actions
- Maintaining record integrity
- Assisting in preparation for and analysis of parts issues in Inventory
- Understanding impact of engineering changes within PLM
- Clear understanding of Bill of Material Configurations
- Coordinate with operations, engineering, purchasing and quality to attain production goals
- Resolve capacity issues by prioritized scheduling and suggestions.
- Analyze changing material demand patterns
- Determine, research and correct material inventory discrepancy causes
- Compliance with Veoneer Standards and Business Conduct Requirements
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor/manager
What you'll bring:
- Associates Degree in related field
- 2 years of manufacturing or materials/logistics experience
- Experienced with Microsoft Office
- Experience with JDE, Xeva and PLM is an asset
- A high degree of motivation and be proactive in anticipating potential issues taking preventative measures.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to ensure that all parties understand and receive appropriate information in a timely manner
- Ability to work with a multi-disciplined team in a fast-paced environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment. Ability to communicate effectively with employees and outside contacts.