Job Title: ECAD Designer
Job Location: Southfield, MI
What we offer:
Veoneer develops cutting-edge technology for the Future Car. Our international, agile and highly collaborative teams aim to accelerate the growth in Autonomous Driving and be the leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
With 7500 employees in 13 countries, our growing team has the goal to lead the revolution underway in the automotive industry…and then be the pioneer for what comes next.
What you'll do:
Responsible for all aspects of automotive printed circuit board design including layout, design, verification and post processing. The ECAD designer must be able to operate independently to design electronic printed circuit boards from a schematic database and accompanying design requirements working with an Electrical Engineer.
- Layout of multi-layer high density PCB's.
- Interface with PCB suppliers to understand fabrication requirements.
- Interface with manufacturing to produce manufacturable PCB's.
- Interface with EMC specialists, Design engineers, to understand requirements of the design.
- Knowledge of good PCB layout practices.
What you'll bring:
- College Diploma or better in Electronics Technology
- 3+ years with experience with PCB layout especially automotive
- Fluent with Altium workflow
- ValorNPI experience desired
- Understanding of EMC and manufacturing PCB layout requirements
- Experience with management of ECAD library models to support design process
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills